At Hazelwood Allied Moving & Storage, we’re big on family. Our family-owned Santa Barbara moving company is full of dads and sons. In fact, our own son Casey McCann is a huge part of our business. When customers need a moving company in Santa Barbara, they turn to us because we understand we’re not just moving things; we’re moving your home.
If you’re moving across town or across the country, turn to Hazelwood Allied, one of the oldest and most well-respected Santa Barbara moving companies. Our long history as the careful movers has resulted in our receiving the coveted Women’s Choice Award from WomenCertified Inc. Use our services for residential moves, commercial moves, and Santa Barbara storage units. We’ll carry the load, while you and dad relax and enjoy these Father’s Day Facts:
- The first Father’s Day celebration was held in Spokane, Washington on Junae 19, 1910. In 1966 President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation designating the third Sunday in June as Father’s Day. President Richard Nixon made it a law in 1972.
- Two sets of fathers and sons have become President of the U.S. – John Adams and John Quincy Adams and George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush.
- Father’s Day is the fourth-largest card-sending occasion in the U.S.
- George Washington, the Father of Our Country, actually had no children of his own, but he did adopt two children from Martha Custis’ first marriage.
- Frank and Nancy Sinatra were the only father-daughter collaboration to hit the top spot on the Billboard pop music chart with their 1967 hit single, “Something Stupid.”�
- In April 2014 Insure.com conducted a survey of 999 dads to find out what they really wanted for Father’s Day. Items topping the list included: dinner at your town’s best restaurant, a weekend getaway with the whole family, electronics, tickets to a show or sporting event, a weekend getaway with mom/wife, power tools, and breakfast in bed.
If your father is older and you are thinking about relocating an aging parent, be sure you speak to Casey. He has a CRTS® (Certified Relocation & Transition Specialist) designation, which means that our Santa Barbara movingcompany has special insights on what it takes to relocate senior citizens who may be moving into a smaller home, an assisted living facility, or into your home.
Whether you are thinking about making a major household move, or are just looking for Santa Barbara self-storage facilities, Hazelwood Allied Moving and Storage has everything you need.
Happy Father’s Day,
Your Hazelwood Allied Team
About Hazelwood Allied Moving and Storage: Hazelwood Allied Moving and Storage is one of the oldest family-owned moving companies Santa Barbara has. In addition to residential moves and commercial moves, the company offers storage units in Santa Barbara. Visit the website at http://www.hazelwoodallied.com to read testimonials about the Santa Barbara movers. “Like” the Facebook page for moving and storage tips. Call 800-541-5958 for a free moving estimate or information on Santa Barbara office storage.