The holidays are upon us! We would like to wish you, your family, and friends a happy holiday season. Let us help you clear up space in your home for all of the new and shiny presents that will be under the tree. We offer safe, secure, and convenient self-storage to declutter your house. Our Santa Barbara Mini Storage units range in size from 5X5 to 20×20 and can accommodate all of your storage needs.
Running out of space in your garage? Is your living room feeling crowded? Kids complaining about a tiny closet? This is a great time to create a fresh start, with less things you don’t need and more space for what you actually want. Whether it be toys, clothes, furniture, or your Christmas tree and holiday decorations, our storage units are a great option if you need to free up more space in your home.
Have you ever tried to focus on work while sitting at a disorganized desk? How about trying to relax in a messy room? Truth is your environment can either be a source of inspiration or frustration.
Studies show that having clutter around creates more distraction, disorganization, and more wasted time due to the need to look around for things. Since your environment plays a big part on your mood and overall outlook, we recommend the following tips for taking the proactive approach.
- Start small – pick an easy room to de-clutter first
- Right mindset – set an intention and stay committed
- Get focused – schedule a day and time just for de-cluttering
- Less is more – keep it simple, to make rooms easier to clean
- Packing materials – cardboard boxes, tape, packing paper and more. You’ll need it all!
- Cash in – sell things of value online or at a garage sale
- Use it or lose it – anything you haven’t used in a year can be in storage
- Donate things – select what you can give away or donate
- Organize – select what you want to keep and where
- Prioritize – May need to set more time for specific rooms
- Rearrange furniture – move things around to create more space
- “Maybe boxes” – you can decide later, put it in storage for now
- Get inspired – play enjoyable music to make time go by faster
- Book early – find your mover 12 weeks before you move
- Mailing Address – Change your mailing address 8 weeks before you move.
If you’re planning to move during December or January, we would like to be a part of your big move, let us give you a hand! After all we aren’t called “ The Careful Movers” for no reason, we are fully committed to making your move as easy, quick, and smooth as possible. Focus on enjoying the new year, and let us do the hard work.
TOYS FOR TOTS DONATIONS
Help us raise awareness for Toys For Tots! This is such an amazing organization and we love to support them every year. For the holidays, Unity’s Santa Toy Shoppe provides a well-stocked cheerful store for parents and children to select toys, games, and books. For each child, a parent may select two toys (a lot of which come from Toys for Tots), a board game, a stocking-stuffer item, an educational item, and a piece of winter clothing. Find Unity Shoppe at: For more info about Unity Shoppe, go to unityshoppe.org. 1401 Chapala Street (Grocery Store and Clothing Center)
Don’t take our word for it, click here to check out what our happy customers are saying about our moving services. If you’re feeling in the mood, rate us on Google or YELP or Facebook, every rating helps! Many of you have been fantastic in showing your support and it’s truly appreciated.
Casey McCann & Team
p.s. As a resource to you, each month we will recommend local area partners that we feel may be of value to you. If you are moving in or out of Santa Barbara and need the help of quality cleaning team, contact Rosie’s Cleaning. If you recently had one of your home appliances stop working, give our trusted appliance repair partner Burt Yost a call.
About Hazelwood Allied Moving and Storage: Servicing Santa Barbara, Montecito, Hope Ranch, Goleta, Santa Ynez, Solvang, San Luis Obispo, Ojai, Ventura, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks and Los Angeles, Hazelwood Allied is one of the oldest family-owned businesses in the Tri-County areas. Known as “The Careful Movers,” our Santa Barbara moving company has everything needed for residential moves and commercial moves, along with a full range of Santa Barbara storage units. Visit the website at http://www.HazelwoodAllied.com to read testimonials about our Santa Barbara movers. “Like” our Facebook page for moving and storage tips. Call 800-541-5958 for a free moving estimate.