To Our Valued Customers,
On March 19, 2020 California Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive Order N-33-20 directing all residents to stay at home, except as necessary to maintain “essential critical infrastructure sectors.” The order left open the potential for the governor to add additional sectors whose workers may continue to report to work.
Movers are considered an “essential service” and allowed to continue to operate provided everyone follows social distancing guidelines. No state has currently barred moving companies from shutting down.
We are taking all precautions prior to sending our movers out in the field. We are providing our movers with masks, gloves and sanitizers as they are available.
If you have to move at this time, we want you to know our movers are taking extra precautions including additional hygiene and sanitizing methods. All Allied personnel have been directed to avoid personal contact, so please don’t take offense if you don’t get a handshake or even an elbow bump. We WILL greet you with a no-contact smile!
If you can, please provide your moving crew access to a sink, soap and paper towels throughout your move. If this isn’t practical, please provide hand sanitizer.
Use new moving supplies such as boxes and tape; this isn’t the time to re-use materials that may be compromised.
:: Our Version of Telework – Online, Video & Virtual Estimates: If you are trying to plan a move during this time of social distancing, many professional movers have the capability to provide online, video and virtual estimates rather than in-home ones – so you can ask for this accommodation. ????
Need to Change Your Move? If anyone within your household may have contracted Coronavirus, or you are isolating due to exposure or potential exposure, call your mover. Every effort will be made to accommodate your schedule.
NEED HELP BOOKING?
Strict Hazelwood COVID-19 Hygienic Protocol in Place
Hazelwood Allied’s employees will adhere to the recommendations provided by organizations concerning public health and safety—as the safety, health, and well-being of our employees, customers and vendors remains to be our primary concern.
Hygiene and Other Preventative Measures
The safety of our service providers and customers is of utmost concern and the following preventative actions will reduce the risk of exposure and transmission if interacting with individuals who are carrying the virus but are asymptomatic:
- Avoid common habits when greeting people, such as handshakes and all forms of physical contact.
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others.
- Bring soap to jobsite.
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds per washing.
- If soap and water are not available use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- For extended work within the home ask the customer to direct you to a sink that you and your team can use to wash hands during the job. Wash hands often and regularly.
- Avoid touching your face, nose, eyes etc.
- Do your very best to not touch anything unnecessarily while in residence, including doorknobs, etc.
- Rely more on photos and fewer written notes, where you might need to be leaning on a surface to write.
- Review CDC guidelines on Preparation and Prevention.
Protect Yourself and Others in Your Workplace (Vehicles, Offices, Warehouses)
- Clean & disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This might include tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, computers, vehicle door handles, steering wheels, keyboards, phones, and other handheld devices. If surfaces are dirty, use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- To Disinfect:
Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface!
- Alcohol Solutions with at least 70% alcohol content
Household Bleach mix:
5 tablespoons per gallon of water or
4 teaspoons per quart of water
Follow manufacturer’s instructions for application and ventilation
- Other common EPA-registered disinfectants:
At Hazelwood Allied, we’re encouraging the following for all employees to maintain good respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene, including adhering to the following:
- Tissues and no-touch disposal receptacles for use by employees are provided.
- Employees are instructed to clean their hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, or wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- We are reminding employees about proper cough and sneeze etiquette.
- No of our employees are allowed to work if they are showing signs of being sick.
We are fully operational and continue to provide clients with top-level moving and storage services.
Casey McCann & Team
About Hazelwood Allied Moving and Storage: Hazelwood Allied Moving and Storage is one of the oldest family-owned Santa Barbara moving companies. It has everything needed for local, national, and international moves, and manages both residential moves and commercial moves. Its affiliate, McCann Mini Storage, provides storage units in Santa Barbara. Visit the website at https://www.hazelwoodallied.com/home to read testimonials about the Santa Barbara movers. “Like” the Facebook page for moving and storage tips. Call 800-541-5958 for a free moving estimate or information on Santa Barbara storage units.